I am very excited to announce that Suburban Imperfection has been nominated for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given by the blogging community to recognize and support new bloggers. Thank you to Teresa at Mama Tries Blog for nominating me. She blogs about life as a mom with wit and humor, and is an amazing writer. I can’t wait to see what she posts about next!
The rules of the award are:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next – stay tuned for my nominees!
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination
1.) What city that you have visited is your favorite? I really enjoyed Boston. After living on the West Coast for 10 years, any Northeastern city amazes me with its abundant history. Next up for our family is Philadelphia.
2.) If you could visit any city in the world that you have not yet visited, where would you go? I would love to see Cairo and the Pyramids of Egypt (even though they are not really in Cairo). I’m also in the process of convincing my husband to take me to Paris. I’ll let you all know how that goes.
3.) What’s your favorite word? Mama…. I love hearing my son call me that (most of the time ;)).
4.) If you could live inside any movie or book, which would you choose? Probably Sense and Sensibility or Anne of Green Gables. Since Alan Rickman just passed away, I’ll go with the first one. I love his role of Colonel Brandon in the film version (not to mention his voice). His love for Marianne was true and unwavering. Of course, Gil was pretty cute, too.
5.) What is your favorite thing about blogging? The ability to connect with other ladies, some who live in places I’ve never even been. I especially love getting a glimpse into another person’s day-to-day live, into their world.
6.) What’s your favorite smell? Freshly cut grass, and my son’s hair (when it doesn’t have banana in it).
7.) What accomplishment are you most proud of? Making it through Air Force basic training. It was tough, but doing that let me know I have the ability to make it through any challenge if I am determined enough.
8.) What is your most embarrassing moment (that you are willing to admit)? I seriously can’t think of one. At least not as an adult. Maybe I don’t embarrass easily enough. Usually I am the one doing the embarrassing.
9.) What is your drink of choice? A Grande non-fat mocha with whipped cream at Starbucks. Or did you mean alcoholic?
10.) What is your favorite season? Fall. I love pumpkin, the leaves changing colors and the cool-down of the weather. I have entirely too many pumpkin-themed items to decorate with, too.
11.) What song always makes you happy when your hear it? Boom, Boom, Boom by Black Eyed Peas.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I am afraid of heights but love to rock climb (or did before I had a baby!).
- I hate mustard, relish and anything pickled.
- I have held at least a dozen different jobs in my life (I stopped counting).
- My favorite movie is Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken (Sound of Music is a close second).
- I have never had my own dog. The only pets I have owned are a guinea pig as a child and now a cat that my family has had for about three years.
- I love anything mint.
- I love lemonade, but not lemon cake or cookies (my husband finds this to be very strange).
- I have lived in Alaska and Oregon.
- I just saw Frozen for the first time… this week!
- I don’t like clowns, but really, who does?!
- I collect turtles – pictures, signs, sculptures, you name it. Every once in a while, someone forgets and buys me a frog figurine. But it’s the thought that counts!